Saturday, May 23, 2009

Cleaning House

Today was spent cleaning the house because Monday is my sister's sixteenth birthday and we'll be having some of her friends over to celebrate. So I vacuumed, then my mom washed the carpet with a machine we rented, then my mom and sister washed the dogs while I vacuumed again and dusted. It's all futile anyway, our dogs shed like crazy, and even after all the cleaning there is still dog hair permanently embedded in the carpet, and even after getting bathed the dogs immediately began shedding everywhere. It's so frustrating. I don't like having pets: they're dirty, they get everything else dirty, you have to feed them and take care of them and all that, ugh. I just don't like it. I'd prefer a clean house to pets. But apparently that's just me, my sister loves our dogs despite everything.

At 3 mom and I went to Kroger to return the carpet cleaner, and while we were there we picked up a few things, and then on the way back drove by a black stretch Hummer. Hummers are ridiculous enough in theire normal size, but when you stretch them out like this, geez, it just looks even more ridiculous. Awful gas-guzzling machines.

Now all that mom has to do before the party is clear off the counters from all her stuff, which is mostly paperwork that has been piling up for months. I don't know why she doesn't go through it when she first gets it. That's what she used to do. You'd think she would see how annoying it is to let things pile up like this and then get back to her usual habit, but no. I don't know what's wrong or what to do about it. I guess there isn't anything I can do. Oh well.

Just for fun, here's a picture of the cake Elisa got for her birthday (I could smell the icing the instant the took off the plastic cover, which is enough to make me nauseous, lol, so needless to say I won't be having any), and of my dogs. The white one is Skye (boy) and the black one is China (girl).

2 comments:

The Breat said...

I guess some people are more animal people than others. I'm sorry you feel that houses with pets can't be clean. I think pets you enjoy would help fill some of the void in your life.

Sketched on a Canvas said...

Tell your sister I say happy birthday! And to be honest that cake does not look delicious. It looks like I might be getting more icing than cake, ew!

I wish my house was clean. I would clean it, but then my parents would get mad at me because most of the stuff that is causing the mess is theirs and I can't throw it away or move it because then they won't know where it is. You should see my kitchen table. Speaking of, maybe I'll do that today and show how you can have a scavenger hunt on my kitchen table...