Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Starting Summer 2009

Well, so far I haven't done a whole lot since I've been home. The nice thing was that I went grocery shopping with mom the first night, and that was fun. I have missed going to Kroger with her; it's one of our things that we do. And she let me get some good stuff that I'm picky about. :D Then Friday we went to go see Wolverine Origins at the theater, which is the first theater movie I've seen in about a year I think. I liked it, but I've always had a thing for Wolverine/Hugh Jackman. ^_^ On Saturday mom and Lis went out and did stuff while I stayed home and finished watching a short anime series that Bri introduced me to Thursday night: Death Note. Omg, apart from Yu-Gi-Oh, I thought it was one of the most amazing anime I've ever seen. It was just breath-taking, and I have downloaded the opening theme song along with some other songs from the soundtrack and have been playing them non-stop for almost three days now (welcome to my newest obsession!). And I also now have a fantasy crush on L, who looks like one of those gamer-guys who spends all day and night in his dark bedroom playing computer games, so he's super pale with dark bags under his wide eyes. Then again he also looks like a druggie, lol. But I love him anyway :D Anyway, those thirty-seven episodes were an awesome way to start my summer, so thanks Bri!

Then Sunday was Mother's Day. It was so nice to be back at my home church! I haven't seen them since Christmas break. I always miss Cornerstone when I'm in Abilene, everyone is just so incredibly sweet and loving. And our pastor is great, I could listen to him preach for hours. But that's just me: I've always been partial to lectures rather than group discussion. After church the three of us girls spent the rest of the day watching Jane Austen films (BBC Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility). Then yesterday, Monday, I was home while mom was at work and Lis was at school. I watched Spirited Away and something else that I don't remember, probably another Hayao Miyazaki film -- because he's awesome -- until Lis came home and I helped her study for her AP World History exam until mom came home.

So then today, continuing with my anime theme, I watched Howl's Moving Castle. And like I said, I have also been listening to the Death Note music every second in between my other activities (and during others). Lis should be home soon, and I will help her study more when she does. I would really like to make a vegan dinner for my family at least a few times while I'm home. I know it would make my mom happy if we could all eat the same thing instead of me making something for myself the way I usually do. It would be so cool if she was vegan, but oh well. I know my sister never will be, but my mom would if she was motivated. In any case, I'm thinking Vegan Enchiladas will be my first attempt at a family vegan meal. Just need to go to the store with mom and get everything I need and decide when to do it.

Well that's about it for now. I have no sleeping pattern right now. I stayed up all night on Sunday and I went to bed at a normal time last night, so I'll probably be up really late tonight. Ah, who knows? Besides God I mean, haha. :P I'll write again if something interesting happens. In the mean time, I'm just enjoying my first taste of real free time that I have had in a very very very long time. This has got to be the first summer in many years that I haven't had any obligations or need to prepare for the next semester of school. Amazing! And besides, it's too hot to be active during the day, I might as well stay up late and enjoy the dark when the temperature is at its coolest.

(And for those of you interested, this is a YouTube video of the Death Note opening. It's 1:20 long, so it won't take much of your time to watch it. If you're interested. You don't by any means have to watch the entire series in two days like I did :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqOJRC0sWCk )

2 comments:

Sketched on a Canvas said...

Sounds like a great way to start off the summer! I've heard of death note, but I'm not big on TV shows (minus Lost and Mythbusters) and BAAH I want to watch Spirited Awaaaaaaaay. I luff it.

Veggy Christian said...

Yeah, I'm not a TV person either. But hulu is a good resource if I ever get in the mood where I just want to watch something instead of do something.