Saturday, June 6, 2009

Update on Life

So I really haven’t been up to anything much since my last post. I’ve been reading, writing, doing random things online, enjoying time by myself and time with my mom and sister, thinking about things, and since Tuesday night, playing Sims 3 that my sister got. Thursday was my sister’s last day of high school, so she’s a junior now. Freaky. Hard to believe really. But it also means that I won’t be home alone anymore, so that’s kind of a bummer, lol. I play the Sims when she’s not home so that way I’m not taking away from her time to play. Then again, what I mostly like about the Sims is the creating part: I love to design the characters and their houses, after that all I’m interested in is making them master each skill. My sister is the one who actually like to make them live lives, get married, have jobs, have kids, meet people and hang out, that kind of thing. My characters are always loners who focus solely on master one skill at a time by being hermits in their own houses. So really, it’s more interesting to watch Elisa play her characters than play mine. I also know that I have an addicted personality so if I start playing, I’ll spend the whole day on it, or more than a day, which is why I try to avoid games in the first place. I stayed up all night for two nights playing Sims 3 when Elisa first got it, after that she didn’t want me playing at night anymore because the computer is in her room and it makes it hard for her to sleep, even when it’s muted. But I think the novelty is wearing off now so I can just watch her play while I read and write now.
Next week my mom, sister and I are going to go to Florida to spend the week with my grandparents (yay!!!). It’s been a while since we last saw them, and this way mom can have a week of vacation. I love my grandparents, so I’m really excited about going to see them, and the last few times I’ve spoken to grandma she’s sounded pretty good, so hopefully she’ll be feeling well while we’re down there. Plus I’m looking forward to hanging out with my grandpa, going grocery shopping and to Sam’s and walking and that kind of thing. Mom also thought it would be fun to go to Disney World one day and ride the new Harry Potter ride (roller coaster?), so that should be fun. I do love roller coasters. ^_^
Also, Friday (yesterday) was my dad’s birthday, so here’s a big shout out to him:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know he had a good one because he’s been in California for a week or so with his family, and that’s one of his favorite places to be. I’d really like to go up there again sometime and see everybody. I don’t see them nearly as much as I’d like. I love my Wyrick family, they’re amazing people, so sweet and thoughtful and caring and loving. It’s the kind of family that if everyone had it, the world would be a better place. :)
I don’t have any big plans for this week, so I guess I’ll just keep doing what I’ve been doing, which is fine with me. I definitely hope to see my dad soon when he gets back on the 8th, and then on Saturday the 13th it’s off to Florida. I can’t wait to see you, Grandpa!!!! I love you!!!
Hope you are all doing well and enjoying life. Until next time!

4 comments:

Sketched on a Canvas said...

Oooh I want to play Sims 3 :P but I really don't have the money for it, but I've seen people make their own characters so uniquely that I want to try it. Maybe one day :]

And do your Florida grandparents consist of your grandpa we webcam chatted with that one time in the dorm?

Veggy Christian said...

That is exactly the grandpa I am going to go visit! ^_^ He really enjoyed chatting with you guys, he thought that was so neat, and that all of my dorm friends were really nice.

that guy said...

Hey Kaliegh,
I have your father here, trying to take good care of him. We had fun watched a movie (Willow) and had Angelfood cake for his B-day. I know everyone here misses you. I hope you have a good time in Florida.

Bonnie Grace said...

Kaleigh! I'm so sorry I haven't commented on here. You should give me your number or your email! Mine is bgw07a@acu.edu
Miss you!