Saturday, March 21, 2009

Quotes

Enlightenment is: do what you want eat what there is. - Jack Kerouac

The final mystery is oneself. - Oscar Wilde

The greatest thing in the world is to know how to be one’s own self. – Montaigne

I care not so much what I am to others as what I am to myself. – Montaigne

I’m erecting a barrier of simplicity between myself and the world. – Andre Gide

To be interested in the changing seasons is a happier state of mind than to be hopelessly in love with spring. – George Santayana

It is best to be yourself, imperial, plain and true. – Robert Browning

Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished. - Lao Tsu

Our lives...are but a little while, so let them run as sweetly as you can, and give no thought to grief from day to day. For time is not concerned to keep our hopes, but hurries on its business, and is gone. - Euripides

Have no fear of perfection. You'll never reach it. - Salvador Dali

Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without. - Confucius

Often people attempt to live their lives backwards: they try to have more things, or more money, in order to do more of what they want, so they will be happier. The way it actually works is the reverse. You must first be who you really are, then, do what you need to do, in order to have what you want. - Margaret Young

1 comments:

that guy said...

I like them. They are very you. They are going on my list of Quotes.